Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Month One

It has officially been a month since we loaded up two trucks, two minivans, and a car to drive down here to South Fork! I cannot believe it. We are doing well and enjoying our mountain getaway. It has sunk in, I think, that we are not on vacation. I don't think that I can say that this is home yet, but I know that we aren't vacationing. It really is a strange place to be. We are still enjoying the beauty of God's creation all around us, but are also still missing our friends a ton. The kids are beginning to ask when we can visit. Zach made the heartbreaking comment this week that he couldn't remember what his friends look like. I have shed more tears this month than I realized I had....Did you know that crying a lot makes you very thirsty? Pay attention next time you have a good sob. :) God is so good and faithful and I know he has a plan for us here. I am excited to see how he chooses to work in us here. I do not know when the heartache will lessen, but I know that in the midst of this transition, we all have drawn closer to the amazing Creator who hung the stars but also knows the number of hairs on our heads. What more can you ask for! So, for those of you wondering how we are doing. Our days are going well, we are really enjoying our time with Brian, and we are trying, as a family, to cling to the Lord in the midst of missing the people that we are used to doing life with. Thank you for all of your prayers. I really appreciate it.

(I know many of you are praying for relationships here. This Sunday, I met a woman at church who just moved to South Fork from Parker on September 15th. Her husband's new career brought them here. She has a 4 year old boy, 18 month old boy, and is newly pregnant. I am excited to get to know her. We are going on a little hike with the kids on Friday. Thank you, Lord!)

No comments: